Little Moons are frozen and chilled mochi, a fusion of Eastern and Western cuisine – soft and chewy rice flour dough wrapped around balls of ice cream, cheesecake, or chocolate ganache to create a distinctive, bite-sized, and delicious dessert that’s bursting with flavour.
Their rollout across Europe has been pioneered by sister and brother duo Vivien and Howard Wong, who founded Little Moons in 2010. The product’s roots are in high-end restaurants, but over the last five years retail packs have swept the ice cream category in grocery and food service.
The business has rapidly established mochi across Europe and will exceed £50m in revenue in FY21/22. Based on experience in the USA, mochi ice cream is likely to make up 2-3% of the total ice cream category within 1-2 years.
We are very proud of the culture that we have built at Little Moons. Not to stroke our own egos, but we are a great bunch of people—smart, passionate, interesting, and funny—who work hard to support and live our values, all the while keeping our mission in our forethoughts.
The ideal candidate must be able to support the Engineering Team on the efficient use of the engineering systems from ordering parts to scheduling. A key challenge is ensuring each part links to the next, whilst keeping within the agreed budgets.
The role plays a pivotal part in ensuring the Engineering Department meets its everyday demands for internal customers and increasing the uptime of the factory equipment. The role brings with it some unpredictability; therefore, the right person will be able to react and understand daily business priorities. They must be adaptable to working closely with other engineers and departments within Little Moons and handle external supplier’s different ways of sharing and communicating data.
They must ensure our records are kept to high standards by knowing what good looks like and putting these into a system that anyone can access, to comply legally with food safety compliance. Monitoring and compliance of data noting trends can be helpful to find the root cause of those trends and in doing so bring big benefits within the department and the business.
- Financial Control (SAGE) – Procurement of engineering stock gaining quotes, raising, amending and closing PO’s, tracking parts for delivery, management of engineering budgets, organising and running engineering stores and assist in capital budget tracking and raising of PO
- Computerised Maintenance System (Shire) – Running maintenance schedules, allocating jobs to engineers, auditing quality of the system data and supporting through audits
- Compliance – Keeping schedule of compliance tasks, assist in organising compliance tasks and ensuring documents are always kept in good order and accessible
- To comply legally and with food safety compliance
- Contractor Control – Assist in controlling pre-works tasks for contractors this will include chasing quotes, RAMS and insurance details to ensure up to date and meets the minimum requirement specified by Little Moons
- Reporting – Using the system to collect and present data for various reports and the ability to notice trends and highlight them for further investigation
- Attend meetings when required to aid in the scheduling of Engineering
This list is not exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake any additional tasks, training and/or development activity as directed by the company from time to time to meet the needs of the business. The key result areas will be reviewed and reset according to business need.
- Knowledge of the principles of computerised management system (full training available, Shire)
- Understanding of financial controls and systems for raising and closing POs (SAGE)
- Computer literate and ability to use systems to arrange data
- The knowledge to improve the current systems
- Understanding priorities in the moment
- Influencing and negotiate skills
- Effective communicator, verbal and written
- Calm and mature under pressure
- Understanding of current statutory and best practises involved with a maintenance department
Some of the benefits of working here include:
Little Moons is a fast-growing and dynamic business, the nature of which means roles and responsibilities can change and grow quickly and at scale. We never stand still for long, and for the right person this represents an opportunity to grow and evolve your role and responsibilities with us and to develop your career at pace.
We will provide you with as much support, guidance, and training as you need, and offer the below benefits to boot:
- Amazing family-friendly policies include having your birthday off, ‘Pawternity’ for anyone welcoming a new pet into the family, paid time off for moving home plus much more!
- We understand that mental health matters. We partner with GroceryAid to provide remote emotional support to team members
- Up to 4 weeks of paid sick leave
- Private health scheme
- Respect, trust, and honesty. Personal and professional maturity is important to us, and we keep each other honest
- Your holidays – We believe in finding your work-life alignment and encourage all staff to use their 25 days, plus public holidays
To be engaged, you must feel included and valued, so we have built, and nurtured, a culture where inclusiveness is not a buzzword, but a way of being.
Our approach to diversity is simple —it’s about embracing everyone, and everyone is welcome at Little Moons. We are committed to welcoming everyone, regardless of gender identity, orientation or expression. We are diverse in age, race, physical or mental ability, ethnicity, and perspective. Our diversity fuels our innovation, bring diversity of thought, and connects us closer to our customers and the communities we serve.
All applicants must have the right to work in the United Kingdom.
To make your application, please send your CV to email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you!