Little Moons are frozen and chilled mochi, a fusion of Eastern and Western cuisine – soft and chewy rice flour dough wrapped around balls of ice cream, cheesecake, or chocolate ganache to create a distinctive, bite-sized, and delicious dessert that’s bursting with flavour.
Their rollout across Europe has been pioneered by sister and brother duo Vivien and Howard Wong, who founded Little Moons in 2010. The product’s roots are in high-end restaurants, but over the last five years retail packs have swept the ice cream category in grocery and food service.
The business has rapidly established mochi across Europe and will exceed £50m in revenue in FY21/22. Based on experience in the USA, mochi ice cream is likely to make up 2-3% of the total ice cream category within 1-2 years.
We are very proud of the culture that we have built at Little Moons. Not to stroke our own egos, but we are a great bunch of people—smart, passionate, interesting, and funny—who work hard to support and live our values, all the while keeping our mission in our forethoughts.
The Financial Team are looking for the next team member to join us as a Financial Controller. The perfect candidate will be responsible to provide quality internal and external financial reports and ensure there is a robust internal control framework. They will be a superstar in working in a cross functional position working with a multitude of internal and external stakeholders. This role will also be critical in liaising with external parties and representing Little Moons in a professional manner. Reporting to the Finance Director, the Financial Controller will be a business partner to the Senior Leadership Team in the delivery of accurate financial reports, KBI’s & projects for the business.
- Manage treasury activities and liaise with Bank on facilities & term deposits
- Forecast accurate cash flow forecasts (Balance Sheet & Weekly STCFF) –Capex, Working Capital, Exceptional costs, and covenant ratios
- Manage corporation tax returns and liaise with Tax advisors on CT & VAT
- Co-ordinate Insurance renewal and business partner Insurance brokers
- Exploit SAGE and other tools to the full and improve Master Data standards
- Continually improve internal controls and make recommendations on corrective actions required
- Co-ordinate annual Audit and ensure statutory accounts are completed on time
- Manage accounts payable, receivable and payroll, and drive process improvements across these functions
- Provide strong leadership and direction to the Finance team and keep them engaged, focused, and delivering on their talent
- Educated to degree level and Professional accounting qualification (ACA or similar)
- Strong experience at FC level, with sound technical experience within UK GAP and IFRS
- Experience managing transactional finance, as well as group statements and reporting.
- Experience of global trading and associated regulatory environment and considerations are an advantage.
- Experience in a private equity backed business an advantage
- Strong analytical and advanced excel modelling skills
- Proactive Business partner, result oriented and hands on.
- Self-motivated, resilient, and adaptable to the demands of a fast-changing high growth business with ability to effectively manage stakeholder expectations and priorities
- Strong people management and interpersonal and communication skills for all levels with the ability to simplify the complexity of finance to help influence key individuals in the organisation
- Knowledge of SAGE 200, Standard Costing and FMCG / manufacturing experience
Some of the benefits of working here include:
Little Moons is a fast-growing and dynamic business, the nature of which means roles and responsibilities can change and grow quickly and at scale. We never stand still for long, and for the right person this represents an opportunity to grow and evolve your role and responsibilities with us and to develop your career at pace.
We will provide you with as much support, guidance, and training as you need, and offer the below benefits to boot:
- Amazing family-friendly policies include having your birthday off, ‘Pawternity’ for anyone welcoming a new pet into the family, paid time off for moving home plus much more!
- We understand that mental health matters. We partner with GroceryAid to provide remote emotional support to team members
- Up to 4 weeks of paid sick leave
- Private health scheme
- Respect, trust, and honesty. Personal and professional maturity is important to us, and we keep each other honest
- Your holidays – We believe in finding your work-life alignment and encourage all staff to use their 25 days, plus public holidays
To be engaged, you must feel included and valued, so we have built, and nurtured, a culture where inclusiveness is not a buzzword, but a way of being.
Our approach to diversity is simple —it’s about embracing everyone, and everyone is welcome at Little Moons. We are committed to welcoming everyone, regardless of gender identity, orientation or expression. We are diverse in age, race, physical or mental ability, ethnicity, and perspective. Our diversity fuels our innovation, bring diversity of thought, and connects us closer to our customers and the communities we serve.
All applicants must have the right to work in the United Kingdom.
To make your application, please send your CV to email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you!