Little Moons are frozen and chilled mochi, a fusion of Eastern and Western cuisine – soft and chewy rice flour dough wrapped around balls of ice cream, cheesecake, or chocolate ganache to create a distinctive, bite-sized, and delicious dessert that’s bursting with flavour.
Their rollout across Europe has been pioneered by sister and brother duo Vivien and Howard Wong, who founded Little Moons in 2010. The product’s roots are in high-end restaurants, but over the last five years retail packs have swept the ice cream category in grocery and food service.
The business has rapidly established mochi across Europe and will exceed £50m in revenue in FY21/22. Based on experience in the USA, mochi ice cream is likely to make up 3% of the total ice cream category within 1-2 years.
We are very proud of the culture that we have built at Little Moons. Not to stroke our own egos, but we are a great bunch of people—smart, passionate, interesting, and funny—who work hard to support and live our values, all the while keeping our mission in our forethoughts.
We are looking for a superstar Grocery Commercial Manager to join our entrepreneurial, high performing team and be a part of the fastest growing brand in Ice Cream. Reporting into the Head of Grocery, this role has a dynamic, hands-on remit sitting within a team of 4 in Grocery. As the Grocery Commercial Manager, you will lead the operational and strategic responsibility for some of our top accounts in the ‘Top 4’. Working with buyers to maximise commercial relationships and grow the Little Moons brand through building out our Core business and launching exciting NPD whilst maximising our market-leading marketing assets. New business will also be important to close key distribution gaps e.g., Deliveroo, Express and Locals focus, as well as working closely with our Wholesale Out of Home business and World Foods.
Our ambition is to be a Top 5 ice cream brand in 2023 and you will have experience growing branded distribution successfully & using key data to create category stories to achieve your goals. You will help support the grocery team to achieve sustainable and high-growth targets by taking on projects outside of your main account management remit such as helping the business achieve B Corp status. This role will be based in London and will require some travel to key customers.
- Full Operational, P&L and Strategic responsibility to drive growth within your managed retailers through landing creative, high-growth plans
- Owning and executing a multi-channel plan with a focus on driving our over-trade with shoppers online
- Understand the retailer’s strategy and how we can jointly align this with our own whilst understanding macro-trends effecting our category and the wider industry
- The ability to build and retain great relationships within the wider matrix of key retailers - e.g., buyers, category managers, online and rapid delivery teams, merchandising team, supply chain
- Accountable for working cross-functionally with supply and technical to ensure a successful S&OP process, Commercial Finance to ensure all our plans are profitable, consistent, and counter-parted for growth. Also, working with our Marketing team to ensure perfect execution of our brand plans and NPD launchesGenerate new business opportunities by maximising your retailer networks and effectively communicate across all levels via presentations & proposal
- A combination of a relentless start-up ambition with experience of delivering substantial growth targets. Being both a Team Player and showing strong Leadership skills we are after someone who can manage multiple priorities ranging from presenting a 3-year strategy to getting hands-on setting up new lines
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in their accounts whilst delivering on additional company-wide projects
- Specific experience in an account management role in the food/drink industry. with some experience of managing Grocery retailers
- Preferably worked within a cross functional organisation and has experienced different business ownership structures and business cultures
- A creative thinker who is financially and commercially literate, data-savvy and aims for the Moon in everything they do
Some of the benefits of working here include:
Little Moons is a fast-growing and dynamic business, the nature of which means roles and responsibilities can change and grow quickly and at scale. We never stand still for long, and for the right person this represents an opportunity to grow and evolve your role and responsibilities with us and to develop your career at pace.
We will provide you with as much support, guidance, and training as you need, and offer the below benefits to boot:
- Amazing family-friendly policies include having your birthday off, ‘Pawternity’ for anyone welcoming a new pet into the family, paid time off for moving home plus much more!
- We understand that mental health matters. We partner with GroceryAid to provide remote emotional support to team members
- Up to 4 weeks of paid sick leave
- Private health scheme
- Respect, trust, and honesty. Personal and professional maturity is important to us, and we keep each other honest
- Your holidays – We believe in finding your work-life alignment and encourage all staff to use their 25 days, plus public holidays
To be engaged, you must feel included and valued, so we have built, and nurtured, a culture where inclusiveness is not a buzzword, but a way of being.
Our approach to diversity is simple —it’s about embracing everyone, and everyone is welcome at Little Moons. We are committed to welcoming everyone, regardless of gender identity, orientation or expression. We are diverse in age, race, physical or mental ability, ethnicity, and perspective. Our diversity fuels our innovation, bring diversity of thought, and connects us closer to our customers and the communities we serve.
All applicants must have the right to work in the United Kingdom.
To make your application, please send your CV to email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you!