Little Moons are frozen and chilled mochi, a fusion of Eastern and Western cuisine – soft and chewy rice flour dough wrapped around balls of ice cream, cheesecake, or chocolate ganache to create a distinctive, bite-sized, and delicious dessert that’s bursting with flavour.
Their rollout across Europe has been pioneered by sister and brother duo Vivien and Howard Wong, who founded Little Moons in 2010. The product’s roots are in high-end restaurants, but over the last five years retail packs have swept the ice cream category in grocery and food service.
The business has rapidly established mochi across Europe and will exceed £50m in revenue in FY21/22. Based on experience in the USA, mochi ice cream is likely to make up 2-3% of the total ice cream category within 1-2 years.
We are very proud of the culture that we have built at Little Moons. Not to stroke our own egos, but we are a great bunch of people—smart, passionate, interesting, and funny—who work hard to support and live our values, all the while keeping our mission in our forethoughts.
Little Moons is on the lookout for an Inventory Controller, with the energy and passion to help us on our mission of becoming the number one brand for bitesize adventures. This role will report on a day-to-day basis to the UK & International Supply Manager and will be responsible for supporting the business in realising its ambitious growth plans through the evolution of the Supply Chain through effective business partnering with key stakeholders.
You will be working as a key part of the Supply Chain Team based on site, working with ALL departments and cross-functional information routes. You will have overall responsibility of the management, control, and replenishment of finished products at our various national and international 3PL sites.
We are looking for an analytical, skilled individual for this role, with excellent attention detail ready to spot any errors and an ability to think outside of the box to solve data discrepancies. You must enjoy working as part of a team and have a desire to drive the business and yourself forward to the next level.
- To take ownership of formal business wide Inventory Management procedures including external site stock-takes and reconciliation in collaboration with Supply Finance department (occasional travel within the UK may be required)
- The key aspect of this role is to take ownership of the physical vs. system stock accuracy to ensure downstream systems and processes are efficient and effective
- This role will require travel to our 3PL sites both in the UK and Internationally, so we are looking for someone who enjoys occasional travel as part of their role
- Regularly reviewing stock levels at all 3PL sites (national and international), ensuring stock levels are maintained and replenished at target min/max levels in collaboration with the Planning team
- Management of daily WMS and 3PL related transactions to ensure stock accuracy is right first time
- Generating stock holding and movement reports for the purpose of month-end reconciliations in all locations
- Work closely with 3PLs to ensure a high level of stock accuracy and integrity whilst identifying and undertaking root-cause analysis
- To further develop claims and damages procedures in line with 3PL SLA performance
- Monitor performance of stock levels vs KPI targets and identify opportunities to deliver improvement
- Providing visibility of performance to relevant stakeholders across the business through regular reporting
- Participate in and enable slow moving and obsolete control processes
- Drive Continuous Improvement, Best Practice and Controls across inventory procedures
- A wider understanding of Inventory Management principles and processes, data analysis and KPI reporting
- Strong working knowledge of Excel
- Advanced ability to navigate and use stock control systems
- Excellent numeracy and attention to detail
- Ability to use initiative to identify areas of improvement whilst working independently and as part of a team
- Working knowledge of Warehousing and Logistics
- Experience with Sage 200 or other ERP system and experience in FMCG food product manufacturing business is desirable but not essential
Some of the benefits of working here include:
Little Moons is a fast-growing and dynamic business, the nature of which means roles and responsibilities can change and grow quickly and at scale. We never stand still for long, and for the right person this represents an opportunity to grow and evolve your role and responsibilities with us and to develop your career at pace.
We will provide you with as much support, guidance, and training as you need, and offer the below benefits to boot:
- Amazing family-friendly policies include having your birthday off, ‘Pawternity’ for anyone welcoming a new pet into the family, paid time off for moving home plus much more!
- We understand that mental health matters. We partner with GroceryAid to provide remote emotional support to team members
- Up to 4 weeks of paid sick leave
- Private health scheme
- Respect, trust, and honesty. Personal and professional maturity is important to us, and we keep each other honest
- Your holidays – We believe in finding your work-life alignment and encourage all staff to use their 25 days, plus public holidays
To be engaged, you must feel included and valued, so we have built, and nurtured, a culture where inclusiveness is not a buzzword, but a way of being.
Our approach to diversity is simple —it’s about embracing everyone, and everyone is welcome at Little Moons. We are committed to welcoming everyone, regardless of gender identity, orientation or expression. We are diverse in age, race, physical or mental ability, ethnicity, and perspective. Our diversity fuels our innovation, bring diversity of thought, and connects us closer to our customers and the communities we serve.
All applicants must have the right to work in the United Kingdom.
To make your application, please send your CV to email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you!