Little Moons are frozen and chilled mochi, a fusion of Eastern and Western cuisine – soft and chewy rice flour dough wrapped around balls of ice cream, cheesecake, or chocolate ganache to create a distinctive, bite-sized, and delicious dessert that’s bursting with flavour.
Their rollout across Europe has been pioneered by sister and brother duo Vivien and Howard Wong, who founded Little Moons in 2010. The product’s roots are in high-end restaurants, but over the last five years retail packs have swept the ice cream category in grocery and food service.
The business has rapidly established mochi across Europe and will exceed £50m in revenue in FY21/22. Based on experience in the USA, mochi ice cream is likely to make up 2-3% of the total ice cream category within 1-2 years.
We are very proud of the culture that we have built at Little Moons. Not to stroke our own egos, but we are a great bunch of people—smart, passionate, interesting, and funny—who work hard to support and live our values, all the while keeping our mission in our forethoughts.
About the Demand Planning Manager:
Requires energy and passion to help us on our mission of becoming the number one brand for bitesize adventures. This role will report on a day-to-day basis to the Head of Supply Chain and Logistics and will be responsible for supporting the business in realising its ambitious growth plans through the evolution of the Supply Chain through effective business partnering with key stakeholders.
The Demand Planning Manager leads the dialogue each month as part of the S&OP cycle and is accountable for input to the Forecast Challenge, Consensus and Demand stage of S&OP, providing senior level challenge in these forums – the goal here is to ensure forecast accuracy is optimal to add operational value while balancing the commercial KPI and priorities of the business.
- Lead the S&OP Consensus and Demand meetings generating inputs and outputs for the process and co-ordinating outputs and next steps.
- Work closely with the Supply Chain Team to ensure optimal customer service and minimise constraints to supply.
- Ensure FCM meetings are conducted as per the S&OP blueprint and implement a common structure across Little Moons, whilst ensuring inputs and outputs are best in class
- Collaborate with Commercial to maintain timely and accurate 18 month rolling forecast at multiple levels of aggregation and time horizons as part of a demand planning function for your portfolio of SKUs and customers.
- In close co-operation with the Commercial teams, create, monitor, and revise forecasts for all or part of the portfolio of Little Moons ensuring accuracy measures are met.
- Accountable for the AGS agenda, customer contact and customer scorecard improvement strategy
- Oversee maintenance and integrity of demand planning systems and software.
- Ensure relevant reports and KPI’s pertaining to demand planning process are up to date and accurate
- Track Demand Planning Team Performance, Demand Forecast Accuracy, Customer Service Level and Customer and external Benchmark Measures e.g., AGS
- To attend any training requirements and needs to assist you in your job role and to comply with industry standards.
- To follow all industry standards, company quality standards, technical standards, food hygiene and safety standards and HR policies and procedures at all times.
- You are required to do all that is reasonably necessary to ensure your role is carried out appropriately and to the requirements of the business. Therefore, it is your duty to inform your manager should you have any difficulty, needs or concerns surrounding this requirement.
- To comply with all reasonable colleague, Manager, Director requests.
- Strong Experience in FMCG demand planning and forecasting
- Experience with forecasting tools e.g., COGNOS/Exceedra desirable
- Experience of managing a team and developing capability
- High integrity to balance the operational and commercial needs of the business
- Strong analytical skills/numerate
- Commercially aware
- Able to direct work and cultivate innovation
- Able to influence internal and external stakeholders
- Able to clearly communicate and influence at Senior Management and Board level
- Ability to work with large amounts of complex data and analyse trends
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills – ability to communicate clearly in both written and verbal forms, influence and engage across global, cross-functional groups
- Broad knowledge of forecasting, product distribution, inventory control, manufacturing processes
- Good IT skills, advanced Excel
- Maths or Business qualifications an advantage
- The role requires travel to customers’ offices
Some of the benefits of working here include:
Little Moons is a fast-growing and dynamic business, the nature of which means roles and responsibilities can change and grow quickly and at scale. We never stand still for long, and for the right person this represents an opportunity to grow and evolve your role and responsibilities with us and to develop your career at pace.
We will provide you with as much support, guidance, and training as you need, and offer the below benefits to boot:
- Amazing family-friendly policies include having your birthday off, ‘Pawternity’ for anyone welcoming a new pet into the family, paid time off for moving home plus much more!
- We understand that mental health matters. We partner with GroceryAid to provide remote emotional support to team members
- Up to 4 weeks of paid sick leave
- Private health scheme
- Respect, trust, and honesty. Personal and professional maturity is important to us, and we keep each other honest
- Your holidays – We believe in finding your work-life alignment and encourage all staff to use their 25 days, plus public holidays
To be engaged, you must feel included and valued, so we have built, and nurtured, a culture where inclusiveness is not a buzzword, but a way of being.
Our approach to diversity is simple —it’s about embracing everyone, and everyone is welcome at Little Moons. We are committed to welcoming everyone, regardless of gender identity, orientation or expression. We are diverse in age, race, physical or mental ability, ethnicity, and perspective. Our diversity fuels our innovation, bring diversity of thought, and connects us closer to our customers and the communities we serve.
All applicants must have the right to work in the United Kingdom.
To make your application, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you!