Little Moons are frozen and chilled mochi, a fusion of Eastern and Western cuisine – soft and chewy rice flour dough wrapped around balls of ice cream, cheesecake, or chocolate ganache to create a distinctive, bite-sized, and delicious dessert that’s bursting with flavour.
Their rollout across Europe has been pioneered by sister and brother duo Vivien and Howard Wong, who founded Little Moons in 2010. The product’s roots are in high-end restaurants, but over the last five years retail packs have swept the ice cream category in grocery and food service.
The business has rapidly established mochi, and snacking ice cream across Europe. In FY22 we generated more than £50m in revenue, and in FY23 we are targeting +50% YoY growth. Based on experience in the USA, mochi ice cream is likely to make up 2-3% of the total ice cream category within 1-2 years.
We are very proud of the culture that we have built at Little Moons. Not to stroke our own egos, but we are a great bunch of people—smart, passionate, interesting, and funny—who work hard to support and live our values, all the while keeping our mission in our forethoughts.
Little Moons is on the lookout for a Customer Supply Chain Manager, with the energy and passion to help us on our mission of becoming the number one brand for bitesize adventures. This role will report on a day-to-day basis to the Head of Supply Chain and Logistics and will be responsible for supporting the business in realising its ambitious growth plans through the evolution of the Customer Supply Chain and effective business partnering with key stakeholders.
The Customer Supply Chain Manager is accountable for the smooth running of the business’ sales order processing and EDI function, export process management, and stock inventory control and as well as playing a key role in management of third-party logistics partners both in the UK and abroad. The role has three direct reports in 2 x Supply Chain Coordinators and 1 x Inventory Controller. The Customer Supply Chain team is also the key point of contact for the Little Moons UK and International commercial teams, based both in the UK and France, in effectively managing and growing Little Moons market revenue.
- Lead the Customer Supply Chain team in the day-to-day running of the CSC function and act as point of escalation for any issues arising.
- Constantly review total supply chain costs and cost savings opportunities in logistics and distribution. Analyse data from shipping and delivering processes to find and resolve bottlenecks
- In conjunction with the Head of Supply Chain and Logistics, set and execute the business Supply Chain strategy with the objectives of balancing service delivery with quality and cost.
- Manage and develop the Customer Supply Chain team, adapting approach and identifying training needs to meet the changing needs of the business.
- Work closely with the wider Supply Chain Team to ensure optimal customer service and minimise constraints to supply
- Oversee maintenance and integrity of Customer Supply Chain systems.
- Ensure relevant reports and KPI’s pertaining to CSC process are up to date and accurate
- Strong Experience in FMCG customer supply chain activities, including customer service, order processing and EDI experience
- Broad knowledge of warehouse processes, and distribution management via freight forwarders, scoping and optimising routes to markets both in the UK and abroad.
- Experience and knowledge of import/export regulations and procedures.
- Experience with MRP/ERP
- Experience of managing a team and developing capability
- High integrity to balance the operational and commercial needs of the business
- Strong analytical skills/numerate
- Commercially aware
- Able to direct work and cultivate innovation. Experienced in process implementation and improvement and change management activities.
- Able to influence internal and external stakeholders.
- Able to clearly communicate and influence at Senior Management and Board level.
- Ability to work with large amounts of complex data and analyse trends
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills – ability to communicate clearly in both written and verbal forms, influence and engage across global, cross-functional groups.
- Good IT skills, advanced Excel
- Maths or Business qualifications an advantage
Some of the benefits of working here include:
Little Moons is a fast-growing and dynamic business, the nature of which means roles and responsibilities can change and grow quickly and at scale. We never stand still for long, and for the right person this represents an opportunity to grow and evolve your role and responsibilities with us and to develop your career at pace.
We will provide you with as much support, guidance, and training as you need, and offer the below benefits to boot:
- Amazing family-friendly policies include having your birthday off, ‘Pawternity’ for anyone welcoming a new pet into the family, paid time off for moving home plus much more!
- We understand that mental health matters. We partner with GroceryAid to provide remote emotional support to team members
- Up to 4 weeks of paid sick leave
- Private health scheme
- Respect, trust, and honesty. Personal and professional maturity is important to us, and we keep each other honest
- Your holidays – We believe in finding your work-life alignment and encourage all staff to use their 25 days, plus public holidays
To be engaged, you must feel included and valued, so we have built, and nurtured, a culture where inclusiveness is not a buzzword, but a way of being.
Our approach to diversity is simple —it’s about embracing everyone, and everyone is welcome at Little Moons. We are committed to welcoming everyone, regardless of gender identity, orientation or expression. We are diverse in age, race, physical or mental ability, ethnicity, and perspective. Our diversity fuels our innovation, bring diversity of thought, and connects us closer to our customers and the communities we serve.
All applicants must have the right to work in the United Kingdom.
To make your application, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you!