Please note: Applications for this role will be reviewed W/C 5th September and any suitable candidates will be contacted after this.
Little Moons are frozen and chilled mochi, a fusion of Eastern and Western cuisine – soft and chewy rice flour dough wrapped around balls of ice cream, cheesecake, or chocolate ganache to create a distinctive, bite-sized, and delicious dessert that’s bursting with flavour.
Their rollout across Europe has been pioneered by sister and brother duo Vivien and Howard Wong, who founded Little Moons in 2010. The product’s roots are in high-end restaurants, but over the last five years, retail packs have swept the ice cream category in grocery and food service.
The business has rapidly established mochi across Europe and will exceed £50m in revenue in FY21/22. Based on experience in the USA, mochi ice cream is likely to make up 2-3% of the total ice cream category within 1-2 years.
We are very proud of the culture that we have built at Little Moons. Not to stroke our own egos, but we are a great bunch of people—smart, passionate, interesting, and funny—who work really hard to support and live our values, all the while keeping our mission in our forethoughts.
About the Head of FP&A
Recently PE backed, Little Moons is going through a period of significant growth and transformation, and we are on the lookout for a Head of FP&A to join us to help support the finance team and wider business as we grow.
Reporting to the Finance Director, the Head of FP&A will own and develop all aspects of business reporting, forecasting, strategic planning, and performance analysis, across the P&L and balance sheet. You will provide insight and challenge to ensure business leaders develop, agree, and deliver on our ambitious, strategically aligned and financially disciplined plans.
Fully professionally qualified (ACA/CIMA), you are not a “back-office finance bod” but are at ease on the front line of our exciting business, with the ability to communicate to colleagues of all levels across all functions. You will be a well-rounded, hands-on finance professional with comfort and experience in the detail, equally at ease seeing the big picture impact of both your role and the wider finance function.
We need someone who can cut through the complexity of finance, and who is able to distil complex topics down to a key, digestible message, quickly. You must be resilient, determined, and able to operate at pace and independently.
Significant experience within FP&A is a must, ideally within a Food manufacturing/FMCG business, and you will have experience of planning and executing short term and long-term planning processes for senior stakeholders. Experience working in a high growth PE backed business would be advantageous.
- Monthly management reporting pack detailing performance, variance analysis and monthly reforecast across all P&L and Balance Sheet line items
- Control of monthly latest estimate call with management of all internal stakeholders to support board agreed timelines
- Preparation of leadership team and board performance update inputs to support board agreed timelines
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly performance updates for submission to investment board covering debt and balance sheet covenants
- Work with finance business partners to develop and deliver a weekly reporting suite to the business (experience of Power BI would be advantageous)
- Performance of ad-hoc analysis across all areas of the business where required
- Develop, implement, and maintain an effective planning capability to deliver on all quarterly, annual, and strategic planning processes for delivery to the board
- Project manage end-to-end delivery of financial forecasting processes, including communications, timetables, and data requirements
- Creation of quarterly financial forecasts to be used by the Business Partners, senior management and the Board
- Ensure the integrity of financial models and projections through implementation of suitable controls, documentation, and testing
- Produce professional reports and presentations summarising the forecasts for senior management and the Board
- As the business grows, build, and develop the FP&A team to ensure finance can deliver on the growing needs of the business. Ensure we bring the right people into the right roles, at the right time, giving the coaching and support needed to develop a high performing FP&A team
- ACA/CIMA qualified
- Strong experience working as a Head of / Senior FP&A Manager
- A confident leader with excellent stakeholder communication and stakeholder management skills
- A flexible personality who enjoys working in a fast paced and ever evolving business
- Experience working in Food Manufacturing / FMGC is ideal
- Experience working in a PE backed business is advantageous
Some of the benefits of working here include:
Little Moons is a fast-growing and dynamic business, the nature of which means roles and responsibilities can change and grow quickly and at scale. We never stand still for long, and for the right person this represents an opportunity to grow and evolve your role and responsibilities with us and to develop your career at pace.
We will provide you with as much support, guidance, and training as you need, and offer the below benefits to boot:
- Fantastic Family friendly policies as well as enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- We understand that mental health matters. We partner with GroceryAid to provide remote emotional support to team members
- Up to 4 weeks of paid sick leave
- Private health scheme
- Annual bonus scheme
- Respect, trust, and honesty. Personal and professional maturity is important to us, and we keep each other honest
- Food and drink – we stock all the coffee and tea you can drink and encourage you to grab a piece of fruit while making your hot drink
- Your holidays – We believe in finding your work-life alignment and encourage all staff to use their 25 days, plus public holidays
To be engaged, you must feel included and valued, so we have built, and nurtured, a culture where inclusiveness is not a buzzword, but a way of being.
Our approach to diversity is simple —it’s about embracing everyone, and everyone is welcome at Little Moons. We are committed to welcoming everyone, regardless of gender identity, orientation or expression. We are diverse in age, race, physical or mental ability, ethnicity, and perspective. Our diversity fuels our innovation, bring diversity of thought, and connects us closer to our customers and the communities we serve.
All applicants must have the right to work in the United Kingdom.
To make your application, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you!