Little Moons are frozen and chilled mochi, a fusion of Eastern and Western cuisine – soft and chewy rice flour dough wrapped around balls of ice cream, cheesecake, or chocolate ganache to create a distinctive, bite-sized, and delicious dessert that’s bursting with flavour.
Their rollout across Europe has been pioneered by sister and brother duo Vivien and Howard Wong, who founded Little Moons in 2010. The product’s roots are in high-end restaurants, but over the last five years retail packs have swept the ice cream category in grocery and food service. The business has rapidly established mochi across Europe and will exceed £50m in revenue in FY21/22. Based on experience in the USA, mochi ice cream is likely to make up 2-3% of the total ice cream category within 1-2 years. We are very proud of the culture that we have built at Little Moons.
Not to stroke our own egos, but we are a great bunch of people—smart, passionate, interesting, and funny—who work hard to support and live our values, all the while keeping our mission in our forethoughts.
At Little Moons, we believe that good business means being good to both people and our wonderful planet. We’ve made strides in living up to that belief but now want to up the pace! We’re looking for a sustainability enthusiast who wants to use their passion, knowledge and skills to make a difference to our world.
This role will be responsible for supporting the delivery of the Little Moons sustainability strategy, with specific ownership of our B Corp certification and responsible sourcing. You will need to balance research with action, ensuring we deliver on both short and long terms goals.
- Create time-bound plans and targets against the sustainability strategy that will set Little Moons up to deliver its sustainability commitments
- Develop, implement and maintain sustainability procedures and policies, supporting the team to implement sustainable solutions and working practices
- Lead the B-Corp certification process; collecting data and collaborating with the team to formulate focus areas for score improvement
- Monitor and report on sustainability KPIs – actively engage the business in these and support in sharing our journey externally
- Define and roll out the responsible sourcing plan for our key ingredients, working with experts in agroecology / low-carbon farming to do so
- Keep up to date with relevant changes in social and environmental law, legislation, practices and thought leadership
- Strong industry experience working in the capacity of Sustainability Manager / comparable role
- Hold a degree or postgraduate degree in environmental science or another relevant discipline
- A thorough understanding of climate change and the contributions of the food industry
- Ideal, but not essential; sound awareness of organisational carbon foot printing and product/supply chain carbon life cycle assessment
- An ability to work collaboratively across teams and organisational levels
- Passion for agriculture and innovation
Some of the benefits of working here include:
Little Moons is a fast-growing and dynamic business, the nature of which means roles and responsibilities can change and grow quickly and at scale. We never stand still for long, and for the right person this represents an opportunity to grow and evolve your role and responsibilities with us and to develop your career at pace.
We will provide you with as much support, guidance, and training as you need, and offer the below benefits to boot:
- Amazing family-friendly policies include having your birthday off, ‘Pawternity’ for anyone welcoming a new pet into the family, paid time off for moving home plus much more!
- We understand that mental health matters. We partner with GroceryAid to provide remote emotional support to team members
- Yearly bonus scheme based on personal and company performance
- Up to 4 weeks of paid sick leave
- Private health scheme
- Respect, trust, and honesty. Personal and professional maturity is important to us, and we keep each other honest
- Your holidays – We believe in finding your work-life alignment and encourage all staff to use their 25 days, plus public holidays
To be engaged, you must feel included and valued, so we have built, and nurtured, a culture where inclusiveness is not a buzzword, but a way of being. Our approach to diversity is simple —it’s about embracing everyone, and everyone is welcome at Little Moons. We are committed to welcoming everyone, regardless of gender identity, orientation or expression.
All applicants must have the right to work in the United Kingdom.
To make your application, please send your CV to email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you!