1) 175g golden caster sugar
2) 3 large egg whites
3) 450g fresh strawberries, hulled
4) 1tbsp icing sugar
5) 570ml double cream
6) Little Moons Strawberries and Cream Mochi Ice Cream
Alternatively, the meringues can be pre-bought, in which case you can skip to (5) on the method.
1) Place the egg whites in a bowl and whisk until they form soft peaks.
2) Add the caster sugar, 1tbsp at a time, and continue to whisk until the sugar has been thoroughly stirred in.
3) Split the mixture (approximately into rounded dessertspoonfuls) and place in rows on a baking tray.
4) Place in the oven at 140°C for 1 hour. Once cooked, leave the meringues overnight to dry out.
5) When you are ready to make the rest of the dessert, chop half of the strawberries and place them in a blender together with the icing sugar. Whiz the mixture into a purée, then pass through a sieve to ensure the mixture is smooth.
6) In a separate bowl, whip up the double cream to a light, airy consistency.
7) Break up the meringues into small pieces (approximately 2cm) and place them in a large mixing bowl. Add the strawberries and fold in the whipped cream.
8) Drizzle the puréed mixture into the bowl to create a marble effect.
9) Now, for the finishing touch, cut 3 Strawberries and Cream mochi in halves and place with the ice cream centre facing upwards. These can be placed in any pattern to create a desired effect.
And there you have it, a strawberries and cream explosion perfect for the bank holiday weekend.
Where to buy Strawberries and Cream
Little Moons Strawberries and Cream Mochi Ice Cream is exclusively available at Waitrose, but can also be sampled at our pop-ups in Westfield and Selfridges.