Little Moons are frozen and chilled mochi, a fusion of Eastern and Western cuisine – soft and chewy rice flour dough wrapped around balls of ice cream, cheesecake, or chocolate ganache to create a distinctive, bite-sized, and delicious dessert that’s bursting with flavour.
Their rollout across Europe has been pioneered by sister and brother duo Vivien and Howard Wong, who founded Little Moons in 2010. The product’s roots are in high-end restaurants, but over the last five years retail packs have swept the ice cream category in grocery and food service.
The business has rapidly established mochi, and snacking ice cream across Europe. In FY22 we generated more than £50m in revenue, and in FY23 we are targeting +50% YoY growth. Based on experience in the USA, mochi ice cream is likely to make up 2-3% of the total ice cream category within 1-2 years.
We are very proud of the culture that we have built at Little Moons. Not to stroke our own egos, but we are a great bunch of people—smart, passionate, interesting, and funny—who work hard to support and live our values, all the while keeping our mission in our forethoughts.
Reporting to the Head of Marketing, this role is responsible for growing and galvanising the incredible community of fans that have both made Little Moons both a TikTok trailblazer and helped the brand pioneer a whole new world of ice cream snacking across the world.
They’ll be working closely with the HoM to develop, execute and measure our social media marketing approach across both the UK and international markets. Their work will be driven by a connection with our fans and a native understanding of social media platforms whilst always being rooted in the uniquely unordinary and deeply creative world of Little Moons.
Global Social Media Strategy
- Help to create, iterate and lead the execution of our global social media strategy across TikTok, Instagram, Twitter & Facebook (and other channels).
- Incorporate industry best practice alongside learnings from our own campaigns to deliver a best-in-class strategic approach that can be adapted by local markets.
- Act as the brand guardian on social channels; ensuring consistency in brand voice and messaging.
- Take responsibility for enrolling relevant stakeholders into our global social strategy, including international SBMs and agencies, and supporting them to adapt it their local market needs.
- Act as the primary expert for all stakeholders regarding social media best practices and policies.
Executing the UK&I and Australian Marketing Plans.
Work with the Head of Marketing to take the 12-month marketing plan and execute it with maximum impact across our social channels, relentlessly seeking opportunities to create noise around the brand and reach more ice cream shoppers.
- Interpret both business and marketing objectives to develop specific social strategies and briefs and leading the execution of specific social media initiatives identified in the plan.
- Support the HoM and work closely with our media agency to develop and execute paid social campaigns.
- Support the Head of Marketing in the development of the marketing plan through community insight and feedback. Staying close to customer feedback by working closely with our Customer Care Executive and taking responsibility for translating this into positive actions for our community.
Organic Social Channels
Take accountability for all Little Moons social channels, working with our agency partners to implement a new penetration-focused approach and growing reach across the UK and international markets.
- Create impactful and original video content for TikTok that feels in keeping with the unordinary world of Little Moons. This will involve filming and editing videos/images.
- Work closely with our agency partners to create stand out social content and communications that are reflective of our overarching marketing strategy and tone of voice.
- Create and execute organic social campaigns that may live online and offline and that resonate with and drive engagement amongst our audience.
- Stay on top of social media trends, tools and platforms to ensure Little Moons social (and business) channels are consistently improving.
- Translate learnings from campaigns into actionable insights and recommendations for the future.
Be responsible for the management and development of our influencer outreach programme.
- Build & manage our global community of influencers, working closely with them to build lasting relationships that we can leverage to create impactful content and grow our audience across markets.
- Take responsibility for the organisation and execution of send outs and samples.
- 2+ years of experience in social media marketing either agency or client side. If client side, must have experience working with external agency partners.
- Demonstrated success in managing and executing content strategies across multiple platforms and markets.
- Experience working on paid social campaigns.
- Experience in photography, videography, and video editing.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- A love of social media that comes from being a creator themselves. They’ll combine excellent instincts with a solid grasp of how their creative output should ladder up to strategy and back down to reporting.
- As the gatekeeper to our community they must have a close attention to detail to ensure our public facing communications meet the high standards we set ourselves.
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and meet deadlines.
Some of the benefits of working here include:
Little Moons is a fast-growing and dynamic business, the nature of which means roles and responsibilities can change and grow quickly and at scale. We never stand still for long, and for the right person this represents an opportunity to grow and evolve your role and responsibilities with us and to develop your career at pace.
We will provide you with as much support, guidance, and training as you need, and offer the below benefits to boot:
- Medicash, Private Health Scheme & Life Insurance
- Enhanced New Baby Leave available.
- We understand that mental health matters. We partner with Health Assured to provide remote emotional support to team members.
- Discretionary annual bonus based on personal & company performance.
- Up to 4 weeks of paid sick leave
- Respect, trust, and honesty. Personal and professional maturity is important to us, and we keep each other honest
- Your holidays – We believe in finding your work-life alignment and encourage all staff to use their 25 days, plus public holidays
- Additional days off with long service
- Personal CPD budgets & team volunteer days
To be engaged, you must feel included and valued, so we have built, and nurtured, a culture where inclusiveness is not a buzzword, but a way of being.
Our approach to diversity is simple —it’s about embracing everyone, and everyone is welcome at Little Moons. We are committed to welcoming everyone, regardless of gender identity, orientation or expression. We are diverse in age, race, physical or mental ability, ethnicity, and perspective. Our diversity fuels our innovation, bring diversity of thought, and connects us closer to our customers and the communities we serve.
All applicants must have the right to work in the United Kingdom.
To make your application, please email your CV and expression of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org