Little Moons are frozen and chilled mochi, a fusion of Eastern and Western cuisine – soft and chewy rice flour dough wrapped around balls of ice cream, cheesecake, or chocolate ganache to create a distinctive, bite-sized, and delicious dessert that’s bursting with flavour.
Their rollout across Europe has been pioneered by sister and brother duo Vivien and Howard Wong, who founded Little Moons in 2010. The product’s roots are in high-end restaurants, but over the last five years retail packs have swept the ice cream category in grocery and food service.
The business has rapidly established mochi, and snacking ice cream across Europe. In FY22 we generated more than £50m in revenue, and in FY23 we are targeting +50% YoY growth. Based on experience in the USA, mochi ice cream is likely to make up 2-3% of the total ice cream category within 1-2 years.
We are very proud of the culture that we have built at Little Moons. Not to stroke our own egos, but we are a great bunch of people—smart, passionate, interesting, and funny—who work hard to support and live our values, all the while keeping our mission in our forethoughts.
We are looking for a superstar OOH Regional Account Executive to join our entrepreneurial and high performing team. Reporting into the Head of OOH, this role will be home based with regular visits to some of our largest Out of Home wholesalers and end users around the South of the UK (Birmingham to the South, including Wales – excl. London) as well as monthly meetings at our London Office, we are 5min walk from Farringdon station. New business will also be important with a newly introduced impulse range on offer. Our ambition is to be a Top 5 ice cream brand in 2024 and you will have experience growing branded distribution & foodservice accounts successfully, ideally having negotiated trade activities to support & grow your key accounts. You will have the support of our support the OOH commercial exec and London-based NAM’s, to achieve sustainable and high-growth targets.
- Execute the Wholesale & OOH in year strategy across your regional to support the overall business strategy.
- Understand the wholesaler/customer needs, their strategy and how we align/support this as well as understanding macro-trends effecting our category and the wider industry.
- Build relationships within the wider matrix of key retailers- e.g. buyers, category managers, dotcom team, merchandising team, supply chain.
- Accountable for working cross-functionally to ensure a successful S&OP process.
- Generate new business opportunities by researching and proactively targeting suitable partners.
- Build & maintain strong working relationships internally and externally with key stakeholders.
- Effectively communicate across all levels via presentations & proposals
- Happy to travel the country with regular overnight stays
Some of the benefits of working here include:
Little Moons is a fast-growing and dynamic business, the nature of which means roles and responsibilities can change and grow quickly and at scale. We never stand still for long, and for the right person this represents an opportunity to grow and evolve your role and responsibilities with us and to develop your career at pace.
We will provide you with as much support, guidance, and training as you need, and offer the below benefits to boot:
- Medicash, Private Health Scheme & Life Insurance
- Enhanced New Baby Leave available.
- We understand that mental health matters. We partner with Health Assured to provide remote emotional support to team members.
- Discretionary annual bonus based on personal & company performance.
- Up to 4 weeks of paid sick leave
- Respect, trust, and honesty. Personal and professional maturity is important to us, and we keep each other honest
- Your holidays – We believe in finding your work-life alignment and encourage all staff to use their 25 days, plus public holidays
- Additional days off with long service
- Personal CPD budgets & team volunteer days
To be engaged, you must feel included and valued, so we have built, and nurtured, a culture where inclusiveness is not a buzzword, but a way of being.
Our approach to diversity is simple —it’s about embracing everyone, and everyone is welcome at Little Moons. We are committed to welcoming everyone, regardless of gender identity, orientation or expression. We are diverse in age, race, physical or mental ability, ethnicity, and perspective. Our diversity fuels our innovation, bring diversity of thought, and connects us closer to our customers and the communities we serve.
All applicants must have the right to work in the United Kingdom.
To make your application, please email your CV and expression of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org